BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad
- 1 Tbsp. Bacon Fat
- 1 cup plain Tomato Sauce
- 2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Water
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 lbs. Chicken Breast, pounded to ½” thickness
- ¾ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 Eggs, soft or hard boiled, cut into halves or quartered
- 1 Large Avocado, sliced
- 4 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced
- 6 cups chopped Romaine Lettuce
- 6 slices Bacon, fully cooked and roughly chopped
- 4 oz. Cheddar or Cheese of choice, cubed
- Sliced Scallions, to garnish
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- Pinch of Black Pepper & Salt
- 1 tsp. Dried Dill
- 1 tsp. Dried Chives
How to Make it
1. To make the barbecue sauce, heat the bacon fat in a pan over medium heat.
2. Add all ingredients to the pan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
3. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until the sauce reaches the thickness of your liking. Set aside.
4. Pound the chicken breasts between a cutting board and a piece of parchment until they are of similar thickness and around ½” thick.
5. Combine the spices with the olive oil and rub the mixture all over the chicken breasts.
6. Heat a grill over medium heat. Once hot, place the chicken breasts on the grill.
7. Place the ThermoPro thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken and grill for 5 minutes on each side.
8. Once the chicken is nearing 165 degrees Fahrenheit, brush or spoon some of the barbecue sauce on the top of the chicken and cover the lid of the grill once more.
9. Continue grilling over medium heat or about 350 degrees Fahrenheit until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
10. Allow the chicken to rest for 10-15 minutes.
11. Roughly chop the chicken into cubes and gently toss with some of the remaining BBQ sauce.
12. Prepare the salad by arranging the lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced red onion, cheese, chopped bacon, egg and sliced avocado in a large bowl.
13. Add the BBQ chicken cubes and top them with a little additional sauce.
14. Serve with your favorite dressing or make the quick Ranch dressing listed in the recipe.
15. To create the dressing, add all ingredients except for the dill and chives to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
16. Stir in the herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
17. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and enjoy!