Lamb Burgers with Creamy Tzatziki
- 1.5 lbs. Ground Lamb
- ¾ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Chopped Parsley
- ¼ cup Chopped Dill
- 3 cloves Garlic, grated
- ½ cup Diced Red Onion
- ½ cup Full Fat Yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. Grated Cucumber, squeezed dry
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Dill
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- ⅛-¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- Sprinkle of Red Onion
- Optional: Grated clove of garlic and squeeze of lemon
1. In a bowl, combine all of the lamb ingredients together.
2. Mix the ground meat with your hands until everything is well combined.
3. Form 4-8 patties from the ground meat mixture by making a flattened ball, slightly pressing the center of the meat in the middle, and smoothing out the outside of the patty as you go.
4. Light your grill to medium heat. Once hot, place the patties onto the grill over direct heat and grill for 4-6 minutes on each side.
5. Use your ThermoPro thermometer to check for doneness – we like between 150-155 degrees Fahrenheit so the center is still a little pink. Remove the burgers from the grill and set aside. Alternatively, you can cook the patties on your stovetop with a grill pan.
8. Sear both sides of the lamb for a few minutes to get grill marks, then transfer the pan into a 350-degree oven until the burgers reach your desired internal temperature.
9. To prepare the tzatziki, combine the yogurt, cucumber, dill, salt, pepper and garlic in a bowl.
10. Sprinkle in the red onion and the clove of garlic and squeeze of lemon, if you’d like.
11. Serve your burgers in a lettuce wrap or your favorite bun with a healthy dollop of yogurt sauce, some red onion and fresh dill.