Reverse sear ribeye steak
- 10-12 oz. Ribeye Steak (boneless)
- 1/2 Tbsp. Ghee + 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/3 cup Red Wine
- 2 cloves Garlic, smashed
- Small Sprig of Rosemary
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
How to Make it
1. Preheat your oven to 275 degrees. Dry your steak and salt and liberally pepper then steak on all sides.
2. Place a raised rack on a sheet pan and place the steak on top
3. Insert your ThermoPro thermometer probe into the thickest part of the steak and set the desired internal temperature.
4. Set the thermometer to 5-10 degrees less compared to your end desired internal temperature.
5. Allow the steak to cook in the oven until it reaches the desired temperature. The cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of the meat, as well as the desired temperature you set. Estimate around 40 minutes but trust in your thermometer to let you know when it’s ready.
6. While the steak is in the oven cooking, place a cast iron pan in the oven to heat up.
7. Once the steak has reached the desired internal temperature, remove the sheet pan from the oven.
8. Remove the cast iron pan from the oven and place it on a burner on the stovetop over medium-high heat.
9. Add the 1/2 tablespoon of ghee or butter and swirl it around the pan until it is bubbling, then add the steak.
10. Sear for about 1 minute on each side, then set the steak aside to rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
11. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add in the wine, garlic cloves, and rosemary.
12. Allow the wine to reduce and simmer, occasionally until the wine has thickened.
13. Turn the heat off and remove the pan from the stovetop.
14. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and stir it into the wine reduction as it melts.
15. Pour or spoon the wine reduction over the sliced steak and enjoy.