Whether you’re a professional chef, a self-proclaimed grill master or a home cook, food safety is a primary concern. Food must be carefully handled to avoid cross-contamination and to ensure that it is safe to eat. Under-cooked meat can cause serious health issues and can even lead to death. For this reason, a meat thermometer is a necessity in every kitchen.
Finding the best meat thermometer can be a daunting task because of the sheer number of meat thermometers available to consumers. The following meat thermometer review should help you in finding the thermometer that is right for you.
Digital meat thermometers usually display the most accurate temperatures. An accurate temperature reading is the most critical characteristic of a meat thermometer. With this in mind, here is a list of the 6 best digital thermometers on the market.
Top 1. ThermoPro TP-20 Wireless Remote Digital Food Meat Thermometer
Featuring dual spike styled probes, this Thermopro food thermometer is one of the different meat thermometers on the market. It has a large LCD screen that displays temperatures and the type of meat being prepared. This item retails for only $59.99.
• The dual prong feature allows cooks to monitor the temperature of two pieces of meat simultaneously.
• Food temperatures can be controlled remotely within a specific range.
• This thermometer features USDA preset temperature settings.
• The remote for this thermometer must be kept close.
• Some users have found that the metal probes are a bit too long.
• This thermometer is more expensive than many others on the market.
Top 2. ThermoPro TP-16 Large LCD Digital Meat Thermometer
ThermoPro TP-16 food thermometert is a probe thermometer with a large digital display. This product features a 59-minute countdown timer. The TP16 has a 6.5-inch probe made of food-grade materials. The Thermopro TP-16 retails for only $17.99.
• This thermometer has both temperature and timer modes.
• The thermometer is equipped with a counter stand that can be utilized for easier temperature reading.
• Both the probe and the wire can withstand temperatures up to 716°F.
• Buttons can be hard to navigate because they are small.
• The alarm that alerts you when food is at the correct temperature is too quiet.
• The preselected temperatures may be too high for some meats.
No.3. Toprime Instant Read Digital Blue Backlit Kitchen
This is a fork style thermometer with a digital display located on the handle. The design of this product makes it ideal for checking the temperature of grilled meats. With a response time of 2-3 seconds, this product works quickly and efficiently. The Toprime thermometer costs $16.99.
• Cover a wide range of temperatures from 23°~ 230°F.
• Include five different temperature settings for meat.
• One Year warranty
• Placement of Display makes it challenging to read temperatures, and users can inadvertently turn the thermometer off.
• The thickness of the fork makes it challenging to place the thermometer into the meat.
No.4. Lavatools PT12 Javelin Digital Instant Read
Lavatools offers this clip style thermometer for $24.99. This type of thermometer is a favorite among chefs because of its ease of use. With a splash-proof design, this tool is ideal for both residential and commercial kitchens. Several different color options are also available for this thermometer.
• Accuracy is better than 0.9° F.
• Response time is 3 to 4 Seconds
• The thermometer contains a magnet that makes it easy to store.
• Quality control seems to be an issue with this product.
• The product is expensive.
• Customer service is lacking although the company offers a lifetime warranty on the product.
No.5. Habor Instant Read Thermometer
Habor’s Instant read thermometer features a long probe for easy handling. In addition to being ideal for determining the temperature meat, this instant-read thermometer is also perfect for baking, baby food, and beverages. This product retails for just under $10.
• The temperature probe is longer than that of other thermometers on the market. At nearly 5 inches, users are less likely to burn themselves while utilizing this product.
• Easy to carry and store. This item comes with a sheath that covers the probe and allows for safe storage.
• Temperature readings are complete in 4-5 seconds and tend to be accurate.
• Steam and Water seem to impact the performance of this thermometer negatively.
• This product has experienced issues with battery corrosion.
No.6. Vremi Meat Thermometer for Kitchen
Vremi’s steel probe thermometer for grill and oven cooking offers a good product at an affordable price of $4.99. The sharp probe makes it easy to insert into any meat. This thermometer offers a 5-second temperature reading. The product is simple to use and contains a meat cooking guide.
• Offer temperature guide for several different types of meat including lamb and veal.
• Automatic Shutoff.
• The item is lightweight. It weighs 2.08 ounces.
• The probe tends to bend.
• Short Battery Life.
Indeed a plethora of digital thermometer is available to consumers at various prices. The Thermopro TP-20 seems to have the best features and the most accurate temperature readings. Other models offer impressive designs including counter stands and fork probes. Regardless of which digital meat thermometer you choose, there is a product available that will likely meet your needs.