ASIAN Carrot ginger pork meatballs
- 1.25 lbs. Ground Pork
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Aminos or Soy Sauce
- 3 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1” piece of Ginger, minced or grated
- 1/2 cup Grated Carrot, patted dry
- 1-2 tsp. Rice Flour or Tapioca Starch
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Aminos OR 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce, 1 tsp. Sugar, 1 Tbsp. ater
- 1/4 tsp. Salt, if using Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
How to Make it
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place a seasoned cast iron pan into the oven for 15-20 minutes until hot.
3. While the pan is heating, combine the pork, 1 tablespoon of coconut aminos or soy sauce, green onions, carrots, ginger, garlic, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and 1/4 teaspoon of salt (if using coconut aminos) in a bowl.
4. Sprinkle in one teaspoon of rice flour and combine and allow to rest for 1-2 minutes.
5. If the mixture is still looking to wet, add in the second teaspoon of rice flour.
6. Form the meat mixture into meatballs, about the size of golfballs or slightly smaller.
7. If you’d like, you can roll some or all of the meatballs in sesame seeds for additional taste and texture.
8. Heat a burner on the stove to medium-high heat and add the second tablespoon of sesame oil and swirl around in the pan.
9. Carefully add one batch of meatballs to the pan so they are in a single layer and not crowded.
10. Allow them to sear for 1-2 minutes on each side.
11. Transfer the meatballs to a sheet pan and repeat with the next batch of meatballs.
12. Place all of the meatballs back in the pan and transfer the pan to the oven for 10 minutes.
13. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the pan with 2 tablespoons of coconut aminos or 1 tablespoon of soy sauce mixed with 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of water and swirl it around the pan.
14. Place the pan back into the oven for another 10 minutes or so.
15. Use your ThermoPro thermometer to test the temperature of the center of the meatballs.
16. The reading should be 160-165 degrees (if it’s not up to temperature, place the pan back into the oven for another 5 minutes or so and retest the temperature).
17. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the meatballs with more sesame seeds, green onion, radish slices and a drizzle of Sriracha.
18. Enjoy the meatballs with a bowl of Jasmine rice.