Middle Eastern Chicken Skewers with Hummus
- 1.25 lbs. Chicken Breast, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Parsley
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Coriander
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 2/3 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Allspice Powder Hummus
- 1 14 oz. can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed Juice from 1 large Lemon
- ¼ cup Olive Oil 3 Tbsp. Tahini Paste
- ½ tsp. Cumin 1-2 cloves Garlic, grated Pinch of Salt
- Olive Oil, Cumin and Paprika
- Basmati Rice Chopped Parsley Additional Tahini
Share with your friends!
HOW TO MAKE Middle Eastern Chicken Skewers with Hummus
Soak wooden skewers in water for 1-2 hours prior to preparing the chicken. This will keep them from burning when you grill the chicken.
In a bowl, combine all of the chicken marinade ingredients together and mix with the chicken cubes. Allow the chicken to marinate for 10 minutes.
Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Remove the skewers from the water and thread the cubes of chicken onto the skewers. Place the skewers on the grill and grill for 1-2 minutes on each side.
Set your Thermopro thermometer to the poultry setting, or 165 degrees. Place the probe into the thickest cube of chicken and cover the grill. Continue grilling until the temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove the chicken from the grill and allow to cool