Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
ThermoPro TP17W Digital Meat Thermometer with Dual Probes and Timer Mode Grill Smoker Thermometer with Large LCD Display
Availability: Out of stock
- [3 Year warranty]: Although the sensor probe is rigidly produced, after a long-time period of use, a few amount units could experience incorrect temperature readings problem caused by careless or improper use. We will provide you a brand-new sensor probe, free of charge!
- [Dual probe]: This grill thermometer makes it easy to monitor the temperatures of two pieces of meat or grill temperature without swapping probes or using different devices! Includes USDA preset temperatures and can also adjust set temperature manually.
- [Backlit and large LCD]: BBQ thermometer displays both food /oven/grill/smoker temps and timer for the most intuitive experience when cooking at night outdoors. Flip-out counter top stand and magnetic back allow the meat thermometer to be placed anywhere within the kitchen or grill environments.
- [Oven thermometer with step-down probe design]: Retrieves temperature precisely and quickly, alerting you of temp changes in seconds; 40″ stainless steel mesh cables rated for 716°F connects thermometer to base, which is located outside of oven/grill/smoker.
- [Wide temp range]: ThermoPro food thermometer with a temperature range of 14˚F to 572˚F (-10˚C to 300˚C) and high accuracy of ±1.8°F (±1°C), can display both Fahrenheit and Celsius readings.
We offer free 3-5 day shipping for orders > $35. Expedited shipping is available as well!
Buy knowing our products are backed by our best in class 3 year warranty.
If you're unhappy with your ThermoPro for any reason, contact us within 30 days and we'll issue a full refund!
Have any questions? Our friendly customer support team will be happy to answer them all!
|Temperature Range||14to 572˚F (-10 to 300˚C)|
|Tolerance||±1.8˚F (±1.0˚C) from 14 to 212°F (-10 to 100°C),otherwise ±1.5%|
|Refresh rate||1 second|
|Wire Probe||Total length: 49 inches (1250mm) Probe length: 8 inches (205mm)|
|Display||LCD, 2 1⁄2 Length x 1 1⁄2 Width inches (63 L x 39 W mm)|
|Unit Size||3 1⁄4 Length x 3 1⁄4Width x 13⁄16 Height inches (82L x 81W x 21Hmm)|
|Power||1.5V （1 x AAA battery）|
- LCD Screen: Displays temperatures, count up or count down timer and other information.
- Probe1/2 Button: In Cook mode, press the PROBE 1/2 button to select and enter Probe 1 or Probe 2 setting mode. The last row of the screen will display the meat type for the corresponding probe. In timer mode, press the PROBE 1/2 button to toggle the display of the Probe 1 or 2 temperatures in the first row of the screen.
- ▲/HR Button: In Cook mode, Press ▲ to select food types while in quick temperature setting. Press ▲ to increase your desired cooking temperature while in manual temperature setting. Press to turn ON/OFF the alarm in BBQ mode. Press the HR button to set hours while in timer mode. To clear time, press the HR and MIN buttons at the same time.
- ▼/MIN/HI/LO Button: In Cook mode, press▼ to select food types while in quick temperature setting. press ▼ to decrease your desired cooking temperature setting while in manual temperature setting. In BBQ mode, press it to display HI or LO BBQ temperature. In Timer mode, press this button to set count down minutes. To clear count down timer setting, press the HR and MIN buttons at the same time. Press and hold the button for fast setting.
- MEAT/ST/SP Button: In Cook mode, press the MEAT/ST/ SP button to enable the option to adjust quick temperature settings. Press again to save selection. The meat types: Poultry ( ), Pork/Veal ( ), Ham ( ), Beef Rare/Fish ( ), Beef Medium( ), Beef Well Done ( ), and User-Defined ( ). The pre-programmed doneness temperature setting for each meat type is recommended by USDA (U.S. Department of Agriculture). Press and hold for 3 seconds to enter the BBQ target temperature setting; In Timer mode, press the ST/SP button to begin the count-down or count-up timer. Press the ST/SP button to pause or restart the timer.
- Probe 1/2 Socket: Insert Probe 1 and/or 2 into the corresponding socket to measure meat or BBQ temperatures.
- Magnet: Allows user to stick device to a metal surface. For example, a refrigerator.
- Backlight: Press any key to activate the back light of the screen. If there is no key operation for 10 seconds, the backlight will be automatically turned off. When there is alarm sound, the backlight will be turned on and flashing.
- Flip-out Counter Top Stand: Allows user to place device on counter for easy viewing.
- °C/ °F Selector (on the back of the unit): Move the position of the selector to select the temperature display unit in °C or °F.
- Mode Selector (on the back of the unit): Move the position of the selector to select Cook mode , Timer mode or power off the device.
- Battery Compartment: Hold one AAA battery.
Note: This unit is designed to remotely monitor cooking progress. Do not remove the probes during cooking. The internal temperature will be displayed on the unit outside of the oven.
Battery Installation/Set Up
- Slide open the battery compartment door at the back of the unit.
- Insert one (1) AAA battery according to the polarity markings.
- Replace the battery compartment door. Remove the printed vinyl label from the LCD screen.
Using the Cooking Thermometer
- Clean the stainless temperature probe with hot water and soap and rinse clean. Do not submerge the probe and cable in water. The probe /cable connection is not waterproof.
- Plug the temperature probe 1 and/or 2 into the corresponding sockets on the right side of the device.
- Make sure the probe cable is free of knots. Make sure the sensor plug on the end of the cord is plugged into the sockets completely. (Note: if the probe is not plugged in properly or is crimped, the display will show “—”.)
- Slide the switch on the back of the device to display the temperature in ˚F or ˚C.
- Slide the mode selector switch to the cook position “ ”.
- You will see two temperatures on each top two rows (the first row represents Probe 1 and the second row represents Probe 2) of the screen. On the right is the actual temperature reading as measured by the temperature probe and on the left is the set temperature.
- Set your desired cooking temperatures for Probe 1 and 2 respectively by choosing Quick Temperature Setting or User-defined Temperature Setting. (see Section Quick Temperature Setting and User-defined Temperature Setting below)
- Insert the tip of the probe at least 2”/5cm into the thickest part of the meat, but not near bone or gristle. You can use two probes to measure and monitor temperatures of two pieces of meat or two sections of the same large piece of meat simultaneously.
- Place food into the oven. Before closing the oven door, make sure there is enough slack in the steel mesh cable to prevent the probe from being pulled out of the food when the oven door is closed. The device must be positioned outside of the oven on a stable surface and must be firmly connected to the temperature probes.
- To prevent damage to the device, it should not be placed on a hot surface.
- When the internal temperature of your food reaches the temperature you have set, an audible alert will sound. Press any button to stop the alert.
- Before removing the food from the oven, disconnect the steel mesh cables from the device. Do not touch hot probe or wire with bare hands during or just after cooking. Always wear a heat-resistant glove.
Quick Temperature Setting
- Your digital cooking thermometer is pre-programmed with temperatures for various cooking levels: poultry (165˚F), beef well (170˚F), veal/pork (170˚F), beef medium (160˚F), ham (160˚F) and beef rare/fish (145˚F) based on the USDA recommendation. See the below table.
- Press Probe 1/2 to select Probe 1 or 2 for setting. The display for the selected probe will be flashing for a few seconds.
- Press the MEAT/ST/SP button to enable the option to adjust quick temperature settings.
- Press ▲/HR/ or ▼/MIN/HI/LO button to select your food type.
- Press MEAT/ST/SP to confirm and lock in the setting. (The device will regard you’ve confirmed the selection if you don’t press any button for 4 seconds).
- Repeat the above process to set the other probe temperature.
User-Defined Temperature Setting
If you prefer setting your own desired cooking temperatures and not using the preset temperatures, you can always change the setting by simply press ▲or▼ button to adjust the temperature setting to your desired one. Or you can press MEAT/S/S button to enter User-defined setting mode and then press ▲ or ▼ to set the temperature to your desired one. NOTE:
- a) In the lower right corner of the screen, if icon shows, it means the temperature setting is user-defined.
- b) When setting temperature, press and hold ▲or▼ for fast setting.
- Your timer can be used whether the thermometer is in operation or not. Countdown Timer: Slide the mode selector switch on the back of the device to the timer position .
- The second row of the screen will display the timer information and the first row of the screen will toggle the display of the temperatures of Probe 1 or 2.
- Press ▲/HR to set the hours and ▼/MIN to set the minutes.
- Press S/S (start/stop) button to start the countdown timer. The colon between hours and minutes will flash.
- If the setting or the remaining countdown timer is less than 1 hour, the display will automatically switch to display the minutes and seconds.
- When the timer gets to 00:00, the alarm will sound. Press any button to silence the alarm. The device has a timing memory and will automatically display the original timer setting when S/S is pressed to silence the alarm.
- To clear the timer setting, press the ▲/HR and ▼/MIN buttons at the same time. You can pause the timer while it is running by pressing S/S button. Press S/S button again to restart the timer.
- If you are using the timer and thermometer at the same time, you may slide the selector switch back to the cook position during the timing session to set or view the cooking temperatures. The timer will continue the count-down. The alarm will sound when it reaches 00:00 and you can silence the alarm by pressing any button.
Count up Timer
- Slide the mode selector switch on the back of the device to the timer position .
- Press the ▲/HR and ▼/MIN buttons at the same time to clear the timer setting to 00:00.
- Press S/S button to start count up timer. Press it again to stop/re-start the timer.
- The timer will stop when it reaches 99 Hour: 59 Minute.
- If you are using the timer and thermometer at the same time, you may slide the selector switch back to the cook position during the timing session to set or view the cooking temperatures. The timer will continue counting up .
Note: When setting the timer, you can press and hold ▲ or ▼ for fast setting.
Cleaning and Care
- The device is not waterproof. Do not expose plug of probe or plug-in hole to any liquid, which will result in a bad connection and faulty readings.
- The probe and cable are not dishwasher safe. They must be hand washed using hot water and soap. Make sure to rinse and dry the probe thoroughly before storing.
- Do not submerge the device in water or expose to any corrosive cleaning materials. Wipe with damp cloth.
Question: I just received this today. It came with a V-shaped clip with a small hole on each side. I don’t see any mention of this clip, so what is it used for?
Answer: You use it to attach the thermometer on the inside of a pan, like if you were cooking candy. Squeeze the clip together and thread the probe through both holes and slide the clip over the side of pan, with the probe suspended in your cooking liquid. It keeps it from resting on the bottom of the pan and giving you an inaccurate reading.
Question: Can a specific temperature be set, or do you have to select from preset temperatures?
Answer: You can set a specific temperature.
Question: Can this be used with an electric roaster?
Answer: Yes, absolutely.
|Price||$25.99 $25.99||$21.99 $21.99||$29.99 $29.99||$49.99 $49.99|
|Availability||In stock||In stock||In stock||In stock|
|Auto rotating display||-||-||No||-|
|High low temperature alarms||Both||Both||Both||Both|
|Preset temperature options||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Waterproof||Not Waterproof||Not Waterproof||Not Waterproof||Not Waterproof|