Easter is knocking at your door. With only a few days left, you might be wondering what appetizers to make at home for the holiday. If you are on the lookout for some easy recipes, then look no further! Follow our blog and find out how you can make these three popular and amazing easter appetizers for your friends & family!
RUSTIC TOMATO GALETTE
Rustic Tomato Galette is a gorgeous, tasty, and easy-to-prepare dish. A galette refers to a free-form pie crust containing a sweet or savory filling. This appetizer can be served for brunch, lunch, or dinner along with salads.
- Cut heirloom tomatoes (Slice thickness – 1/4 inch) – 1 ¼ lb
- Black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Rolled pie-crust (refrigerated)–1
- Coarsely grated cheddar–2 oz.
- Fresh thyme or basil–1 tbsp.
- Egg–1 (large)
- Preheat your oven to the temperature of 400 ℉.
- Cover a baking sheet using paper towels.
- Keep the tomatoes on the paper towels.
- Sprinkle salt lightly.
- Wait for 10 minutes.
- Blot using paper towels.
- Take a piece of parchment paper.
- Roll the pie crust making a circle of 12 inches.
- Take a baking sheet and put both the paper and the crust on it.
- Make the toppings with cheese and basil or thyme.
- Make sure to leave a border of 1 inch all around.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Keep the tomatoes on top of the cheese.
- Fold the border of the crust over the tomatoes.
- Take a bowl and mix an egg with 1 tbsp. of water.
- Brush on top of the crust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes and monitor its temperature with a ThermoPro until it turns golden brown.
- Let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with thyme or basil.
HOT CROSS BUNS
There is no Easter without rich and sweet hot cross buns! These buns are immediately identifiable for the cross marks symbolizing the Holy Cross and the Crucifixion. The lightly spiced cinnamon rolls with plumped currants or raisins will definitely make everyone happy! Here’s how you can make a yummy batch and enjoy the holiday!
INGREDIENTS FOR THE ROLLS：
- Warm milk–1 cup.
- Active dry yeast–0.25 oz.
- Granulated sugar–1/2 cup.
- Melted butter–1/3 cup.
- Egg yolk–1
- Vanilla extract–1 tsp.
- Flour–3 cups.
- Kosher salt–1 tsp.
- Ground cinnamon–1/2 tsp.
- Ground nutmeg–1/4 tsp.
- Plumped, drained currants –1/2 a cup.
- Lemon zest–1 tsp.
- Egg wash
INGREDIENTS FOR THE GLAZE：
- Powdered sugar–2 cups.
- Milk–2 tbsp.
- Lemon zest–1 tsp.
- Mix milk, yeast, and sugar in a bowl.
- Add butter, vanilla extract, and egg yolk into the mixture.
- Whisk flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in another bowl.
- Pour in the yeast mixture.
- Stir till the mixture becomes a thick dough.
- Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes to a large ball.
- Grease the interiors of a bowl using butter. Keep the dough in it.
- Cover it with plastic wrap and let it sit for 1 hours.
- Butter a baking pan.
- Divide the dough into 12 portions.
- Shape the pieces into rolls. Put them on the buttered pan.
- Use plastic wrap and let the rolls remain so for 45 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 ℉.
- Apply the egg wash on the top of the buns.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or till they are puffy and golden.
- To make the glaze, mix milk, powdered sugar, and lemon zest.
- Put it into a plastic bag. Make a small cut on the bag’s corner.
- Draw a cross shape over all the buns.
If you are looking for easy Easter dinner recipes, then beef meatballs with hoisin sauce can be a great option! Made out of meat rolled into small balls, it’s an absolute comfort food that loved by many. These soft meatballs can be so soft if cooked to the right temperature & they are super delicious, making it one the best appetizers you need to make for Easter. Here’s how you can make this at home and surprise your family & friends.
- Ground beef–1 lb.
- Toasted sesame oil–1 tsp.
- Panko–1/2 cup
- Ground ginger–1/4 tsp.
- Garlic–2 cloves
- Green onions – 3
- Sesame seeds (for garnishing)
INGREDIENTS FOR THE HOISIN SAUCE：
- Hoisin sauce–1/4 cup
- Rice vinegar–2 tbsp.
- Soy sauce–1 tbsp.
- Toasted sesame oil–1/2 tsp.
- Garlic–2 cloves
- Ground ginger–1/2 tsp.
- Preheat your oven to 400 ℉.
- Take a baking sheet and line it using a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Mix ground beef, Panko, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, green onions, and egg. Stir well.
- Roll the mixture and make meatballs of 1 ¼ – 1 inch each.
- Place all the meatballs on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes with suitable temperature or till the meatballs turn brown.
- For making the hoisin sauce, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, garlic, sesame oil, and ginger in a bowl.
- Serve the meatballs with the hoisin sauce. Garnish it using sesame seeds and green onions.
THERMOPRO EASTER SALE
Look out for our exclusive Easter sale! Our Easter Sale starts on the 4th and ends on the 18the of April. Follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter for more information about our happy 2-week long sale!